Friday 9 December 2011

Vocational Training Expo

Here is one of my 'coincidences'.

I am only here for 9 days - a flying visit no less. The Rwandan authorities have decided to run the first every Expo for Vocational Training Colleges. It happens to be this weekend, and I happen to be here and free to visit.



A brief walk round brought me a discussion with the World Bank who are supporting Vocational Colleges like ours with their 'Skills Development Fund'. This fund was part of my discussions with Richard Arden of the Department of International Development. He encouraged me to make contact with the World Bank as the most likely support to our work. Now is the time to make an approach!

I also met with TEVSA, the organisation of Vocational Training schools. Unfortunately the person I wanted to speak to about curriculum, was not there, but tomorrow hopefully we meet.

There were many dignitaries there from various ministries. The opening was delayed because ... well Rwandans often delay their meetings!


They had a large brass band waiting to greet the Minister, but I could not be persuaded to join the opening - the tent was packed, the temperature was too much, and the plan was for a 2 hour presentation - not for me!


So off I went to a much more fantastic presentation - the Street Children of Gatenga.

No comments:

Post a Comment