Thursday 8 December 2011

Early Start

I hear from Fiona that since I have left Scotland the weather has, well basically fallen apart and 100 mile an hour winds. Seems to me that my timing for heading south to the sun is perfect.

So just to rub it in here are my photos from this morning at 8am. This one is looking north east - I think! - towards Tanzania which is about 2 hours away.



This photo is taken from the same place, though looking north west towards Congo. The road to Congo, winds its way just to the left of the hills shown, and in those hills are the gorillas that Rwanda is famous for.
The photo shows the centre of Kigali with its skyscraper and the buildings I showed you yesterday.

In the foreground is a yellow hotel which is were an occasional beer has been consumed. It was the Novotel when we came in Sept 2010, and then became the Leica, but now is the Umabango - or something like that! Certainly makes for confusing the taximotos who just look blankly until you say its the Novotel!



And the reason for being up so early is that we were meeting at 8am with Solar Panel people. They were quite knowledgeable, and we may well put panels on for hot water. In passing she tried to sell me a sewage treatment plant for £20,000 - I had to apologise for putting in biogas, which she says will not work, unless we have hundreds of students and lost of pooh! Need to put beans on the daily menu!

Our first disaster has happened I think. The amount of 3 phase electricity is too little for our plans and I have loads of phone calls and detailed work to do now to sort this! A phone call from Bad Boy Bennie (ex electrician) is awaited

No comments:

Post a Comment